According to the Saudi Ministry of Health, an infant who nearly died after ingesting 27 magnets labeled safe for infants was saved on Wednesday by extensive surgery.

After vomiting for more than two weeks, the 2-year-old daughter was sent to the hospital for abdominal pain. Pediatric surgeons who specialize in newborns performed on a youngster at Hafr Al Batin Maternity and Children Hospital.

X-rays revealed that the girl’s stomach contained twenty-seven little magnetic balls. The result, according to the ministry, was the creation of eight holes in the intestinal wall. She had surgery to remove the magnets and close the holes in her digestive tract.

The three-and-a-half-hour procedure was successful, and the child was discharged from the hospital once her condition improved. According to the government, she is now in good health.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.